Weekly Update September 21st - 24th
- This week we will finish up the All About Me Presentations on Tuesday.
- On Tuesday and Wednesday students will have time to continue working on the On Demand Writing Assessment that will continue throughout the week.
- If we finish up the On Demand Writing Assessments this week, we will officially begin our Greek Mythology unit on Friday.
Grade 8 Math:
- This week we will continue working our way through Unit 2 as students will learn about Proportions on Tuesday and Thursday, followed by a quiz on Friday.
- *Grade 8's, remember you need to watch and take notes on:
Grade 7 Math:
- For informationa about Mr. Kerr's Math class, please see his class website.
- We will pick up where we left off last week and students will finish up the Bubble Test Investigation and complete their lab reports.
- In our Skill Class this week we will learn how to defend a zone in football through man-to-man defence.
- In our Fitness Class this week we will participate in a Tabata-Style workout in the mini gym.
- In our class, students will be learning about the Marian Icons and their significance/meaning
- Students will also be learning about Lady Guadalupe, an Indigenous perspective of the Mother of Jesus
Other Important Information:
- Reminder - Our class will be participating in a special field trip to the Last Mountain Bird Observatory this Thursday, September 23rd. Please see below for the information about this day:
Dear Parents(s) / Guardian(s):
On September 23rd, our class will be attending a special field trip to Last Mountain Bird Observatory. Students will have the chance to witness many species of birds as they head south for their fall migration. The Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary is one of the main stops along their journey where they feed and rest. The Sanctuary is located within the Last Mountain Regional Park (10km outside of Govan, SK). Each student will get to observe and participate in bird banding with the sanctuary specialists (including the catch and release methods used and learn about multiple species).
The day will be organized as follows:
- 9:00 AM - Depart Regina
- 10:30 AM - Arrive at LMBO
- 10:30 AM - 10:45 AM - Introduction, split into two groups
- 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM -
- Group 1 Banding station and mist nests
- Group 2 Explore beach habitat, bird watching, Junior Birder Journals, shorebird adaptations
- 12:00-12:15 PM - Quick lunch/break
- 12:15-1:30 PM - Switch groups
- 1:30 PM - Depart for St. Kateri
- 3:00 PM - Back at St. Kateri.
- Please remember to send any allergy medication with your child on the day of the Field Trip.
- Students should dress appropriately for the weather that is forecasted for the day of the field trip as we will be outside for a large part of the day.
- Students should refrain from wearing flip-flops and open-toed sandals.
- Students should pack a water bottle and lunch for their day.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us at (306) 791-1785 or at firstname.lastname@example.org